Steve’s homemade summer sizzling bbq sauce!
- A good splash of olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp each of ground cumin and cinnamon
Put all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
Vary it to suit your own taste by adding:
- Smoked paprika for a smokey flavour
- Hot chilli powder or ginger for some heat
- Sweet chilli or honey for a sweet flavour
Stay cool and enjoy!