Fancy being a Trustee of our charity?
The Women’s League of Health and Beauty (WLHB) is a national charity, the oldest in the fitness field in the UK. The charity’s working name is FLexercise (as from 2017) previously Fitness League from 2000.
- It promotes physical fitness and training, providing education of teachers in the FLexercise system and the provision of classes and associated events
- It provides a support structure for the encouragement of teachers in initial training and through life long continuing professional development.
- WLHB is an associate member of Sport & Recreation Alliance and a founder partner of EMD UK (Exercise Movement and Dance Partnership)
- FLexercise website is www.fl-exercise.com Charity no. 226127
The Board is looking to co-opt new trustees with one or more of the following skills:
- Knowledge of IT and social media
- Knowledge of the fitness industry – this would be an ideal opportunity for a middle manager to add charitable experience to their CV.
- Financial understanding gained from business experience or from voluntary activities
- Business acumen to further the development of the organisation – particular understanding of how management/HR/finance/marketing work together
- Readiness to attend circa 5 board meetings in central London per annum plus a willingness to serve on a virtual committee appropriate to their skills.
Knowledge of some of the following would also be an advantage, however these skills are desirable and not essential.
- Governance as it relates to a registered charity
- The fitness industry
- Physiotherapy or medical rehabilitation
- Social media and marketing
- Training and education in the exercise environment
- Ability to understand basic financial reports and annual returns
Existing trustees have worked over the last two years to modernise and rebrand the charity. They are now looking to recruit trustees who can build on the foundations and “add value”. Where necessary training for trustees will be provided.
The appointment is not remunerated but all expenses, including travel, will be re-imbursed.
WLHB has an equal opportunities policy and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
For an informal discussion please contact the Chair, Jane Ross, email@example.com who will be pleased to call
Closing date for receipt of application forms: 7 October 2018