Ali’s Healthy Spanish Brunch. Olé!
Serves 4, ready in less than 30mins.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 orange or green pepper, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 500g cooked new potatoes.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried or fresh thyme
- One small handful of chopped fresh chives
- Pinch of paprika, to garnish
- Place in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the peppers and onion and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until they’re starting to soften. Add the potatoes and turn the heat to low.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the frying pan. Season to taste, scatter over the thyme and chives and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the pan under the grill for 1-2 minutes until the top of the omelette is set and golden, then sprinkle with the paprika and cut into wedges.
- Yummy with a green salad!